March 20, 2023
Thursday, March 23: Canaan Schools Title I Night
Canaan Schools Title I night will be on Thursday, March 23. This is an opportunity for parents and caregivers to hear how we use our Title I grant money, and provide feedback and suggestions. The presentation will start at 5:30 p.m. in the Canaan Schools Library.
Friday, April 7: Parent-Teacher Conferences
Parent-teacher conferences for elementary students.
FBLA Rocks the State Conference.
The FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) had a highly successful state conference this past weekend. The students won
awards in 9 of the 10 competitions and Hana Bissonnette was elected Vice President of the state chapter.
- Business Ethics - Hana, Amelia, and Jacqueline
- Marketing - Jacqueline and Savannah
- Public Service Announcement - Amelia, Jacqueline, and Savannah (the State Executive Director told me their PSA video was excellent and she really enjoyed watching it)
- Spreadsheet Applications - Savannah
- Website Design - Amelia
- Impromptu Speaking - Jacqueline
- Publication Design - Karissa
- Website Design - Karissa
- Graphic Design - Savannah and Karissa
- Hospitality & Event Management - Hana and Jacqueline
From left to right: Karissa Sweatt, Amelia D’Aiello, Hana Bissonnette, Jacqueline Giroux, and Savannah Ricker.
Megan Prehemo, School Nurse
This month's featured staff member is Megan Prehemo. Megan has been at Canaan for 14 years as our school nurse, and went above and beyond during COVID. This year she has also taken on the role of Admin Assistant to the Director of Student Services. Thank you Megan for all you do.
Therapy Dogs Visit Canaan Schools
The Gizmo for Mental Health program sends therapy dogs around New England along with their owners. We had a few dogs
come by the school last week to visit with our students and staff.
View Our Title I Presentation
Learn about Title I and how it relates to our schoolwide goals.